I decided to put my favorite colors from the Kylie Jenner collection all together into one manicure.
Colors I used:
- Kurtain Kall – blue
- Silhouette – lilac purple
- Kool as a Kukumber – light green
This was a pretty simple design I choose..I found it on pinterest. All you do is apply a base color..I choose a blue. Next, you take another polish one that can be oqacue in one coat..I choose a light purple. You do three downhill swipes. Lastly, I took a light green, this one should also be oqucue in one coat..mine wasn’t but I still think it worked. You do the same pattern just leave space of purple polish to show through. Easy as that!
I love how these colors paired together and it turned out beautiful.
Hi guys, I’m back to posting weekly finally! After a tough battle with muscles aching and then having seasonal allergies on top..I’m feeling better. I thought I would share some swatches of the polishes I talked about in a haul a few posts back..I only have 2 out of the 3 to share but good enough.
- Silhouette – I didn’t think I would be so obsessed with this color but it’s so pretty! Turns out to be a purple lilac color and to me I see a slight pink tint. The polishes were also suppose to have a gold shimmer to them and in a few I’ve tried I haven’t seen it but you can with this one. The polish does go on smooth and dries quickly. It does dry with a half matte/half shine but since I don’t have a matte top coat, it’s always shiny. This color will make a nice spring mani!
- Kurtain Kall – This one turns out to be a really pretty sky blue! I’m kinda obsessed with this one as well more than I thought I would. It’s it own color of blue..no different tints like aqua or turquoise to it. It does also have the gold shimmer when in the light. The facts are basically the same as Silhouette.
If you do know of a good matte top coat, please share! I’ve been trying to find a good one but haven’t yet.
Hey guys! I just wanted to jump on here and post a little update on what my posts are going to be based on the next weeks.
My posts lately have been all about the Kylie Jenner Collection with Sinful colors, I’ve probably started to drive some of you crazy with them..I’m just a little overly obsessed with them. I promise they will need within the next 2-3 posts.
I’m going to try and start posting more about lifestyle things like what books I’m going to read or am currently reading, monthly favorites, different holiday diy..and of course still nail related stuff. I’m steering away from makeup a little bit..I haven’t used mine in months!
I am going on a nail polish no-buy because lately I’ve gone crazy..whoops.
Anyhow, I’m going end it here but if you have any ideas or things you want to see..let me know.
Hi guys! So I just wanted to update you on why I haven’t posted in almost a week. I ended up sleeping wrong a few nights ago and have been dealing with a bad stiff shoulder and neck muscles..and haven’t been doing much. They have finally gotten loosened up! BUT, this morning I woke up with horrible seasonal allergies..i’ve gone through almost a whole box of kleenex..ugh. This is so why I like winter more..no pollen!
Anyhow, I’m hoping I’ll feel better tomorrow and will try to get some posts up and on schedule but bare with me please. I’m one that hates to be under the weather, well I think most people hate it but you know what I mean.
Hi guys! In today’s post I thought I would share my must-have polishes for fall. Can you believe it’s already almost fall? I’m ready for a change of season and cooler temperatures.
I’ll start with my favorite gray first and it’s Essie’s Petal Pushers. It’s a nice gray that isn’t too light and isn’t too dark..right in the middle. In my opinion it does have a blue-ish hue at times and in certain lighting.
Next is my favorite brown and it’s Essie’s Chinchilly! I’ve always loved this color since purchased it a year ago. If I remember right, this was the first brown polish I’ve ever bought. I think this is one of those brown that has a gray hue in the background.
You can never go without using a navy blue for a manicure during the fall season. My favorite one has to be Sally Hansen’s Navy Fleet. It just brings me back to chilly nights around a campfire wearing sweaters or hoodies..can’t wait for those days! It’s just like your average navy blue.
A teal or aqua is always in my fall favorites and my favorite one is Wet n Wild’s Be More Pacific. It’s a darker aqua and it would pair great with a brown to make it feel more fall inspired.
I lean towards more blues during the fall since winter’s near, another favorite one is OPI’s Can’t Find My Czechbook..just a simple blue.
Fall is all about orange so I can’t forgot to add Wet n Wild’s Blazed into my must-haves. This is just a simple orange that isn’t bright or dark.
Another must-have polish is Covergirl’s Leading Lady. This is your pinkish..purpleish..mauveish fall color..my go to when I don’t know what to paint my nails.
Last but not least, you have to have a berry red..Sally Hansen’s Ruby Do is the one! It’s just the perfect berry red brown for fall.
What are some of your must-have fall polishes? Let me know.
I’m so obsessed with the new Kylie Jenner Nail Polish Collection and I think you guys can tell..look back on how many times I’ve wrote about them, haha. Well..I ended up getting 3 more. The one thing I still don’t quite get about them is the different subtitles. Like some have the word angel, some velvet and satin. If you understand them, let me know!
- Demi-Matte Velvet: Silhouette – This color is so pretty I couldn’t pass it up. It is a medium lilac color that has a gold shimmer in the light. My first impression of it in the bottle is it screams SPRING to me!
- Demi-Matte Velvet: Kurtain Kall – I’m always attracted to blues first and this one stood out. It’s a medium blue shade that reminds me of a few I own but don’t have this exact color. This one also has a gold shimmer in the light.
- Matte Satin: Fuschia U! – I haven’t bought any red shades in her collection besides the denim and bling one so I grabbed this one. When in the bottle it throws more of a pink/red shade but when applied it looks more red than fuschia in my opinion.
Stay tuned to my blog for swatches & manis using these colors.
Before I paint my nails, I always search pinterest for some ideas and I found this one cute design that I loved. It’s similar to a French manicure in my opinion but definitely not one. Here’s the link to the post.
For my base color, I pulled out a color that’s been hidden for a while and recently discovered it again. It’s Sinful Colors Sunburnt. It’s a red orange, very pretty and gives a pop of color. It’s opaque in 2 coats like normal.
Next to do the half top of each nail I grabbed Sally Hansen’s Insta Dri Grease Lightning, it’s a dark grey but once applied it can look almost black. Before I applied that, I took my thin nail tape and lined out the portion I wanted to paint for a clean line.
To do the poka-dots, I used Wet n Wild’s French White Crème and the largest dotting tool I own and did 4 one each nail but pinky I could only fit 3. I ordered my dotting tools off amazon and you can find them here
I ended up not liking how the grey and red came together so I took my Kiss Nail Art Striper in Silver and lined each one.
I loved how this mani turned out! It took me a while to get it all finished but was happy that there were no smudges or mess ups. I’m slowly getting better with my nail art and using my dotting tools.