Every New Year, I get into this kick to start decluttering and to start the new year organized. I have a few tips that I’ve learned/used and wanted to share!
I always have a thousand questions I ask myself about items:
- Why am I keeping this?
- Is it broke?
- Do I really need it for a reason or use?
- Is it taking up a lot of wasted space?
- Do I have more than one?
This are just a few of them. I tend to hang onto thing for no reason just because at the time I got it I thought I desperately needed it for something. I don’t have a lot of space so wasting space for useless items is pathetic in my opinion..need to get better at it.
A few other tips I have are:
- For closets, I learned to turn my hangers backwards (where the hook is facing you), and then in 6 months, all the ones that you haven’t turned around you get rid of.
- Odd/Ends, If it has a layer of dust on it, that’s the number one reason to get rid of it.
- Nail Polish, I tend to buy multiple brands and I always end up buying the same color a lot of times so either I return it or get rid of it. There’s no reason to have multiples of one color…unless I really like it.
- Social Media, Go through friend lists or who your following and delete those you have communicated or have inactive accounts.
I hope this tips help you in your decluttering!